Wednesday 6 August 2008

Bullet Crunch



Apologies for those who are squeamish but the picture demonstrates the result of a 55grain Noslar Federal .243 bullet on a dog fox taken on the Lovedean Rd fields last night.
It was a quiet night with regards to the fox count with only one other spotted, that being the resident Reynard in between the farm house and the motorway. One glance from the lamp and he was away to ground. Both myself and Stephen have pondered many minutes on how to ambush this convict to no avail so far, although I might have a plan for the next time. Will let you know if it works.
To say I was mighty glad that my shot was a clean kill was an understatement, especially after last weeks miss. The shot was taken approx 80 yards away after a bit of chess board play before the young dog kept still long enough to get a safe angle to shoot at. My thanks to Stephen for lamping the target..

No comments: