Tuesday 19 August 2008

Federal Choice


If I had the time on my hands would I re load my own ammunition? Presently no I would not. I have found that buying the required darts from off the shelf serves the purpose it was designed for.
My two choices are both made by Federal. The first being the Federal Premium V Shok .243 55gn Nosler Ballistic Tip. These I use on the fox and not one target has survived more than a few seconds after being hit. As shown on earlier entries to this blog the effects are devastating to say the least and this is the desire result required to ensure that the fox that is hit dies instantly and without any undue suffering.
The second bullet is the Federal Power Shok .243 100 gn Soft Point which I use on Roe. So far on each buck taken the bullet has again served its purpose.
Of course it all depends on your own individual choice and what you feel comfortable with and the confidence along with trust that your choice does what it is supposed to do.
So far the Federal does its job.

No comments: