Sunday 19 October 2008

18th Oct 2008



Here we have two pics from yesterdays shoot at the farm.
My cocker Charlie with one of the pigeons that I brought down, the other showing Roger with some of the bag.
It was bright sunny day which started off chilly that soon warmed up. Not ideal conditions as far as pheasants are concerned as the weather encourages the birds to feed on the stubble fields and hedgerows. Once the weather starts to cold down then we will see the birds back in the coverts and woods. It is two weeks before the next shoot which should allow the temperature to drop.
So far my ratio is 3 shots 3 pigeons, which is pleasing. Hopefully Charlie will stop whinning non stop on the next shoot day, lost my rag with him. He is old enough and wise enough to know but I suppose he was eager to do what he is best at....

No comments: