Tuesday 21 October 2008

Lily



This is Lily, a Basset Hound that passed away today at 4.30am this morning. She was Jane's dog, my birthday present to Jane earlier this year. She was only 10 months old when I got that call from the vets to say that she died. The picture here is Lily at 4 / 5 months, you couldn't want for a more gorgeous dog.

She was her normal self on Sunday night, legs in the air by the fireplace having her tummy rubbed, then by 7.30am Monday she was extremely ill. After going to her normal vets she was then transferred to a super vet in Hursley near Winchester. By this stage her colour was back in her gums and the outlook looked positive, as we kept telling ourselves. Update call from vets at 7pm and 10pm was also ok or least not worsened. Then I got the call at 4.30am today with a call I never want to take again. The infection on her lungs was very aggressive and had passed into her blood stream even after all the injections etc that they could use. This caused organ failure thus Lily passed away peacefully under sedation.

Even though Lily was not my dog I will miss her, more than words can describe. I would look after Lily very often and she was very much loved by Jane and myself, I would gladly take her place without one second thought if I could, that is how much she meant.

To a beautiful, gorgeous, loving, loyal Basset called Lily....you are safe forever and will be deeply missed until we meet again.

1 comment:

Bambibasher said...

Sorry to read that mate, I know how that hurts!