Monday 14 July 2008

Roe Buck trophy.


Collected back from Roger the Roe Buck head from my kill back in May 2008. I now have the gear to prepare the head myself. The picture shown is of the skull being bleached. Spent Saturday night boiling the head before peeling away must of the skin and flesh. The antlers were covered in velvet hence the pale colour. The skull was then blasted with the pressure washer to remove the remaining stubborn flesh on Sunday morning. Then back in the pot with fresh water and a bleach solution to gain the white look on the bone. Once that was completed it was left to dry for a few hours before the first stain on the antlers. Will post a pic once the trophy is fully completed. It is not a medal head but my first roe buck so hence the trophy being made etc plus it will give me good practice for future heads, bronze, silver or even gold....yes I'll keep dreaming.

1 comment:

Bambibasher said...

Should have left the velvet on mate, its all character!